Pages

Wednesday 27 May 2015

Travel: Bank Holiday weekend in Coventry

I'm on holiday from work this week. It's tremendous, I've not had a break in what seems like forever, and even when I did have breaks last year they seemed to be mostly filled with househunting, or job hunting. To actually have a week to myself is pure luxury. Unfortunately, it's flying by in a shot, but I'm making the most of it.

Over the weekend we took a trip down south to the Midlands to visit friends and relatives. We set off early on Saturday, and our first stop was a lovely lunch with our good friends who live just outside Coventry. We don't get to see them very often, maybe every few months, so when we do get together we always have so much to catch up on. Saturday was no different.

By mid-afternoon we were saying our goodbyes and heading to meet up with family for a drink in a nice bar. I ran into a girl I went to school with, which was quite nice as it's always nice to see a familiar face and to find out what people are doing. Then it was off to my inlaws, where we were spending the weekend.

Us
Hubby and I in the wine bar after our long journey
Sunday was a fairly quiet affair. Aside from pottering around a local antiques centre (which was great because we found a wedding present for a wedding we're off to this summer), we spent much of the day doing not much. In the evening though it was out for a family meal.

Group Photo Pizza Express Coventry
Family meal
I had a delicious pizza.

Pizza
So, it's a healthy pizza, right? Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! 
Followed by a delicious lemon possett. I love lemon desserts, they are so refreshing.

Coffee and dessert Pizza Express
Yum
Monday was our last day in Coventry. We went for a walk in the park. I used to love this park when we lived in Coventry, it was the best green space in the city, and going back for a wander around I remembered how lovely it was.

Coventry War Memorial
Posing on the war memorial
After catching up with another good friend, who I hadn't seen in 2 years, for a coffee and a gossip, it was time to head back up the motorway to Yorkshire. It was a lovely weekend, and although I don't make these trips back all that often, I certainly make the most of it when I do.

Tennis Pavillion Coventry war memorial park
How elegant the tennis pavilion looks

No comments: