Pages

Saturday 31 January 2015

Burns weekend in the Dales

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, I just haven't really felt like writing for this past week or so. I put it down to the rotten weather.
Cold wild seas

Last weekend though, we took a trip back to Masham to spend a weekend with some friends who were celebrating their birthdays with a Burns night supper. I'd never been to a Burns night supper before, so it was a first for me. 
hubby helping out

Our friends had invited a cosy gathering of 12 to a local little hall. Hubby and I helped get it all prepped, mood lighting, table settings etc, and by the end of it we had all transformed it into a perfect intimate space for a social gathering.
A lovely gathering 

We feasted on soup, haggis neeps and tatties, and two deserts. We chatted and laughed into the wee small hours, read some Rabbie Burns and had a really nice time.
The evenings events

The following morning we joined our hosts for Sunday brunch in what had been our favourite cafe when we lived in the Dales. I even tried the vegetarian breakfast and experienced Haloumi for the first time ever. I liked it!
Sunday brunch

Since then my life has been a mixture of battling the elements and staying cosy and warm. 
A vision in tartan outside our favourite spot in Masham

No comments: