Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Flu-busting Juice Recipe

I'm one of those people who ran out in the first weeks of January and bought a juicer. It's purpose for me wasn't about losing weight, I'm not a one for fad diets, it was more about supplementing my diet with more of the good stuff. I've been experimenting ever since, I've had a few ok juices, one which was pretty gross (too much lemon, stripped the enamel off my teeth). This one was a real success though. The blueberries and orange add a healthy dose of vitamin C for the immune system whilst ginger is detoxifying and cleansing. This is a real tonic for these horrible winter days.


Makes enough for 3 servings. Be sure to wash all fruit and veg before juicing

1 orange (peel discarded)
1 apple
1 inch fresh root ginger
3 large carrots
2 sticks of celery
2 large tomatoes
A handful of blueberries

Juice, stir and enjoy. This one really is delicious.

No comments: