Monday, 13 October 2014

First fortnight

We’ve now been in our new home for 2 weeks, but there’s still been so much to sort out that I don’t feel we’ve really had time to appreciate it as yet. There’s been a lot of work putting beds together, emptying boxes, wondering where on earth things have gotten to, and chasing builders to try and complete work that we’ve been having carried out.
Given we moved in only a couple of days before my birthday though, I had an extremely pleasurable day discovering the tea shops of Scarborough, having my hair cut and wandering barefoot on the beach on what seemed like it may have been our last reasonably temperate day.
It’s been hard work getting used to the 2 hour commute. Leaving the house at 7amin the morning and not returning until 7.30 (or later if a wallaby decides to get loose on one of Yorkshire’s rural roads, thus closing the road to commuters). The good side is plenty of time in the car with himself to chat, and some beautiful sunrises, afterall it’s getting to that time of year where sunrises are later and sunsets earlier and I’m pretty sure it will only be a matter of weeks before we are leaving for work in darkness and returning in the same conditions.
We still don’t have a cooker, how hard can it be to buy a cooker? Very, that’s how. So, my resolve to live a healthier lifestyle by the seaside has started with a fortnight of takeaways and micromeals with only one day saved by the slow cooker. This week though we are hoping to address that issue as our cooker should be getting delivered, and then I have lined up my weekly organic veg box delivery from a local retailer. So, while it’s been a bumpy start… we are getting there.
Even the dogs are tired
The weekend was very productive, trips to the tip, drilling and hanging mirrors and pictures and finally making our house into a home, as well as enjoying an unseasonably warm Saturday by the sea. For the first time in many months, I am actually starting to feel some element of the stress lifting.

No comments: