Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Tea rooms, sea views and fun

Back in the Dales, hubby and I had a Saturday morning routine of going to the local cafe for breakfast before doing our shopping at the market in Masham. We've only lived in Scarborough for 3 weeks, so haven't really had too much time to reinstate our Saturday routine. The main difference here of course is the tremendous amount of choice when it comes to cafes and eateries.

Gorgeous tea cups at Francis tea rooms

Yesterday, we opted for Francis Tea rooms. A work colleague had told me about this place, a former hairdressers on the chic South cliff, this vintage tea room is so so quirky. Fantastic original mahogony booths make you feel like you're on the Orient express, and the people who own and run it are so friendly. 


We enjoyed gorgeous food and, in my view, anywhere you can get coffee in china cups with free top ups for a mere £1.75 is well worth the visit. 

Whilst I can't imagine we'll stick to the same cafe every weekend here, why would you with so much choice? Francis is going to be a frequent feature, as will the lovely vintage and antique shops that surround it.

First outing of my vintage poncho
In the afternoon we pottered around town, and I was really happy that the weather was perfect for me to wear my latest vintage purchase, a fabulously vibrant reversible poncho. 

We also took time out for more tea, and gorgeous cake in what is fast becoming one of my favourite cafes, cafe view, so called because this is what you look out on while you sip your afternoon tea.



Today was mostly chores, as I mentioned, we've only been in the house 3 weeks, so there is still much to be done, hanging wall cabinets and finding homes for 'stuff'... And what a lot of stuff we seem to have. Even so, we still took time to take the dogs for a walk at North bay. 



I love how happy they are when they are allowed to run free and frolic, it makes their whole week worthwhile.





Of course, for our part, we looked forward to resting our legs at yet another cafe... I did tell you there were a lot.



2 comments:

Vix said...

That poncho is gorgeous! How lovely to have a beach on your doorstep, that's the downside of the Midlands, isn't it? So far from the sea.
The tea room sounds lovely, I like a booth - that's why I'm always in my local Wetherspoons! xxx

Melancholy and Menace said...

Hello :)

I do love that poncho!

Such gorgeous photographs, and the view is superb! xx