Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Valley Gardens 1940s day

As a dedicated lover of all things vintage, one of the things I love about life in Yorkshire is the array of events that cater to my vintage interests. Vintage fairs, 1940s days, 1960s parties, it really is a vintage lovers dream.

Yesterday was one such event, the annual 1940s day in Harrogate's Valley Gardens. 

The weather smiled on the event, which was a definite bonus given that summer has been a tad grim so far, and I think this encouraged people out in their droves.

There was live music, 1940s of course, people dancing and tea and cake.

There were beer stalls, genuine 1940s army vehicles, both British and American, and of course a feast of people dressed up in their finest 40s fashions.

The RAF flyover really stole the show though.

I was flattered to be asked for a photo for the Harrogate advertiser, it was fabulous just to have a reason to go all out 1940s.

I can't wait until the next one.

No comments: