Pages

Sunday 21 June 2015

Life resumes



It's been some time since I last wrote a blog post. I've been so busy at work, having taken on a new project which has involved a lot of reading to get up to speed on. That's fine though, I like to be kept busy at work, it's just unfortunate that it happened to coincide with a particularly stressful set of events at home too.

A couple of weeks ago, we were due to head down to Shropshire for our friend's wedding. I personally had been looking forward to it for months. A weekend spent camping on a cider farm just outside of Ludlow and celebrating the marriage of our friends. Sounds good, yes? Anyway, hubby collected me early from work on the sunny Friday afternoon (actually, the last truly hot day I remember), and we set off down the motorway. We had got as far as the Midlands when the phone call came from home. A high level kitchen cabinet had fallen from the wall. The cabinet landed on our tap (of course it would be that one), broke our plumbing and, furthermore, had been filled with all of our glassware, including the beautiful crystal we had been bought by friends for our wedding. It was a disaster zone (and yes, everything was broken). 

We turned round at the next motorway junction, dreading what we were to come home to. I don't want to dwell too long on it since I've only just stopped grimacing every time I walk into what had been our freshly decorated kitchen, but we spent 5 days without running water downstairs, and our kitchen is still unrecovered while we wait for insurance companies to sort out the situation. We think it was something to do with the building work we had done in September prior to moving in, and that's what the insurance companies and independent surveyors are sorting out. 

So, obviously, with all this going on, I've not really felt much like blogging. I'm back now though, because it's no good dwelling on these things for too long. It will get sorted out in the end. 

No comments: