Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

We'll never be Royals

Shoes - long tall Sally, dress - Jasmine Guiness, Cardigan - John Rocha,
bag - Vintage
In common with many seaside towns, we are surrounded by a plethora of beautiful, grand hotels that have something of a long faded grandeur about them.

For Mother's Day, today, we took mum for three course meal at, The Royal. Once the hotel of choice for none other than Winston Churchill when he visited Scarborough who declared it to be his favourite hotel, all marble pillars and grand, sweeping staircases.
The dining room

It was a bit sad that, aside from our party, there was only one other Mum and daughter in there. Then again, it meant that we were given excellent attention by the waitress, and I'm pretty sure that my salmon portion was far larger than it would have been, had the place been full.

We enjoyed our food, albeit there seemed to be tons. I am pretty sure my metabolism has changed, I remember a time that 7 courses would barely make a dent in my appetite, now I struggle to finish three. Mum was treated really well and as we left she was given a pretty little plant, which I've now planted in our garden.
Me and hubby

Of course, we couldn't resist taking full advantage of the grand surroundings, taking plenty of photos before leaving. 
beautiful setting

I love spoiling my Mum on Mother's Day, but I love to show her I care all year around. We all had a lovely afternoon, I hope you've had a nice Mother's Day too. 

1 comment:

Vix said...

What a magnificent setting and you two are looking pretty fine!