Pages

Sunday 29 March 2015

Monthly book round up: March

As I've mentioned before, now I'm commuting by train each day, I'm reading far more than I was before. With that in mind I thought I would do a regular slot on the last Sunday of each month to round up the books I've been reading.

Here's March. 

1. Jo Nesbo, Nemesis. 2. Paul Biegel, King of the copper mountain, 3. Susan Gunelius, Google Blogger for dummies, 4. Simon Sebag Montefiore, Young Stalin

1. Nemesis - Jo Nesbo

This isn't usually the sort of book I would choose. Not that I stick to a particular genre, I don't, but these sort of mystery thrillers don't usually feature. That said, I have been absolutely enthral led by this book. The Harry Hole character is so complex and interesting and this tale has so many unexpected twists and turns. I would definitely recommend this book.

2. The king of the copper mountain - Paul Biegel

It seems translated foreign books are my preference this month. I picked this children's book up on the book swap shelf at work, and I'm glad I did. It's a lovely collection of little tales all told by animals to a dying king. I won't give too much away but it would make lovely bedtime reading if you have children.

3. Google Blogger for Dummies - Susan Gunelius

A more practical book. I'm planning (at some point) some improvements to the blog and what better way to plan them than getting back to basics. Admittedly I've been using blogger for some years now so it's not all relevant, but would be great for someone embarking on their first ever blog.

4. Young Stalin - Simon Sebag Montefiore

I have a bit of an interest in Russian history, and this book was fantastic. We don't hear much about Stalin really in comparison to dictators such as Hitler, so it was really interesting to read about his roots, his upbringing and how he managed to make his way into Russian politics with such impact. Definitely worth reading.

What books have you been reading this month?

No comments: