Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Glad that's over with

Happy New Year
photo from here
I've said it at various intervals throughout the year, but, for me, 2014 has been one of the toughest I have known. It has really tried me.

There have been family losses (plural), and illnesses, severe stresses and strains and it really has been difficult. 

It's not all been bad of course, in 365 days there would have had to have been some silver linings.

There was our splendid holiday to Geneva to see our friends.
Paddling in lake Geneva with Mrs P

Buying our new home by the sea.

So thankful for living here

Not forgetting, of course, my recent new job. Those events aside, it's been pretty bad and I shall not miss it. 

I approach 2015 with a sense of relief, but also a sense of excitement. I've learned some valuable lessons in the past 12 months, lessons about how important family and good friends are and the vital need to fill your life with shared experiences and memories.

Lessons about the importance of looking after your body and mind, and creating a secure and luxurious retreat of a home.

I won't be creating resolutions this January, they never work, but I know what my priorities are and those are the things that I will be concentrating on in 2015.

I wish you all a Happy, healthy and fun filled 2015.

No comments: