Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

Baby, it's cold outside

There wasn't too much planned for this weekend, well nothing more than a wander around town and a drive down the coast to visit our friends.

Yesterday was one of those perfect winter days. Bright, dry and crisp, so I decided to experiment with the vogue for wearing a blanket, only I did it with a giant wool tartan shawl I have.
Clash of the tartans;
Boots - Dublin boots, skirt -per una, bag - Luella, Shawl - Vintage
jumper - Vintage, Hat - royal navy

I'm not sure I'd have ventured out though without the giant fisherman's jumper I had under it, was far too chilly for that, despite the stillness of the sea.


Anyway, as well as wandering and visiting, I finally finished and mounted some of the cross stitched Christmas cards I had been making. I even posted them, which really is well organised. 
Finished Christmas cards

Then I moved on to start making some stocking fillers too. I'm pretty well hooked on cross stitch right now. 
Sherlock cross stitch

Anyway, as my friends' beautiful daughter informed me earlier today, only 11 more sleeps until Christmas. I'm looking forward to spending some precious time with family, but for now I need to think about getting everything ready for my working week.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

That robin cross stitch is super cute and I love how you've framed them into the little cards!