Pages

Sunday 3 August 2014

Colette Patterns Sorbetto

You know how sometimes you find a sewing pattern and just get a little bit addicted to it? Well, it's happened.

A couple of months ago I for a pattern for a top and it just so happened that I stumbled on a free (yes free) download on the Colette patterns website. I downloaded and printed off all the A4 sheets and painstakingly stuck them together, but I'm not complaining, did I mention it was FREE? Also, this was actually the most difficult part of making the top because the actual sewing of it is delightfully simple.

My three Sorbettos on the line

So,I made my first one and found it was such a comfortable top that I wear it all the time.

Hmm, an iron wouldn't go amiss

Then my Mum fell in love with its stylish simplicity, and I made one for her.

one for mum

The latest one, still on my sewing table and waiting for the bias edge finish is a gorgeous soft polycotton which I just know I'm going to wear loads too.



I love this pattern! I never have enough tops and I can run these up so quickly I can see millions of these gracing my wardrobe. Even better is that the styling of them suits just about anyone. The instructions are so easy to follow and the result so pretty that I'm definitely going to be looking to Colette Patterns for some future purchases. It makes a nice change too to be making a top, given usually I tend to make frocks, when I do take the time to sew that is.

1 comment:

Vix said...

I saw a few of these on blogs earlier this year - now I know why, they're free! Yours look wonderful drying in the sunshine. x